Valmiki Jayanti is a famous day of celebration in India. it is a birth day celebration of a great and popular poet of India named Maharshi Valmiki. This festival of Maharishi Valmiki birthday also has a great religious significance.Valmiki Jayanti celebrates on 5 October 2017.
Celebrate Valmiki Jayanti on October 05 Thursday
Valmiki takes an important position in Hindu mythology. Valmiki is the famous author of ramayana and the greatest saints of the world. Sita’s son Luv and Kush were also born in his ashram. Valmiki’s teachings gave confidence to humans to fight against the injustice. So Valmiki Jayanti is celebrated with great interest.Valmiki is worshiped and prayed on this day. Shubh mantras, meetings and giving free food are arranged in places.
Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti – India
There are many Valmiki temples in India. Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti celebrates the birthday of Valmiki, a famous poet in India.The celebrated date is in the month of Ashwin (October) on the day of the full moon. Valmiki temples are beautifully decorated with flowers and prayers are open. Many devotees go to Lord Rama temples and perform drama from Ramayana in memory of Maharishis Valmiki.This day is popular in the Northern India and is also called as “Pargat Divas”
Rituals during Valmiki Jayanti:
- Also on Valmiki Jayanti distribution of free food to the poor and needy is held at various places. Doing charity is considered to be very rewarding on this day
- On the occasion of Valmiki Jayanti, these temples are magnificently decorated with flowers. Several incense sticks are lighted that render the atmosphere pure and blissful.
- Recitations of Ramayana are held in temples of Lord Ram all over India on this day.
- Kirtans and bhajan programs are organized in these temples. Many devotees also visit Lord Rama temples on this occasion and recite few verses of Ramayana in reminiscence of Maharishi Valmiki.
- On Valmiki Jayanti people pay their respect towards this renowned saint and poet. Several processions carrying the portrait of Valmiki are taken out in several towns and villages. Hindu devotees worship him devotedly on this day.